If 條件句看起來簡單,但其實有 4 種不同類型,每種用不同時態,表達的「可能性」完全不同。今天就來完整教你 If 條件句的 4 種類型,從「如果下雨」的日常對話,到「早知道就…」的後悔心情,讓你每次都用對假設語氣英文!
If 條件句基本概念
結構:If + 條件,結果
If 條件句有 4 種類型,每種表達不同的「可能性」:
1. Zero Conditional(零條件句)
- 公式:If + 現在式,現在式
- 可能性:100%(必然發生)
- 用途:科學事實、習慣
2. First Conditional(第一條件句)
- 公式:If + 現在式,will + 原形動詞
- 可能性:70-90%(很可能發生)
- 用途:未來計畫、預測
3. Second Conditional(第二條件句)
- 公式:If + 過去式,would + 原形動詞
- 可能性:10-30%(不太可能)
- 用途:與現在相反、想像、給建議
4. Third Conditional(第三條件句)
- 公式:If + 過去完成式,would have + 過去分詞
- 可能性:0%(過去的假設)
- 用途:後悔、「早知道就…」
Zero Conditional 零條件句(必然發生)
公式:If + 現在式,現在式
Zero conditional 用來表達必然發生的結果,就是每次這個條件成立,結果一定會發生。常用於科學事實、自然現象、個人習慣等。
(1) If you heat ice, it melts. That’s just science.
你加熱冰塊它就會融化,這是科學事實。
(2) If water reaches 100 degrees Celsius, it boils.
水到 100 度就會沸騰。
(3)
A: Why can’t you sleep well?
A: 你為什麼睡不好?
B: If I drink coffee after 6 pm, I can’t sleep. It always happens.
B: 我如果晚上 6 點後喝咖啡就睡不著,每次都這樣。
(4)
A: Do plants need water every day?
A: 植物需要每天澆水嗎?
B: If you don’t water plants regularly, they die.
B: 你如果不定期澆水,它們就會死掉。
First Conditional 第一條件句(很可能發生)
公式:If + 現在式,will + 原形動詞
First conditional 用來談論未來很可能發生的事情。這是真實的條件,不是想像,是你認為有很大機會會發生的情況。
(5)
A: Are you coming to the party tomorrow?
A: 你明天會來派對嗎?
B: If it doesn’t rain, I will come.
B: 如果不下雨我就會來。
(6)
A: When will you finish the report?
A: 你什麼時候會完成報告?
B: If I work overtime tonight, I will finish it by tomorrow.
B: 如果我今晚加班,明天就能完成。
(7)
A: What are your plans for the weekend?
A: 你週末有什麼計畫?
B: If the weather is nice, we will go hiking.
B: 如果天氣好,我們會去爬山。
(8)
A: Will you pass the exam?
A: 你會通過考試嗎?
B: If I study hard, I will definitely pass.
B: 如果我認真念書,我一定會過。
(9)
A: Should I call you later?
A: 我等等打給你好嗎?
B: Yes, if you call after 8 pm, I will be free.
B: 好啊,你如果 8 點後打來,我就有空了。
(10)
A: When can we meet?
A: 我們什麼時候能見面?
B: If you have time this weekend, we will meet for coffee.
B: 如果你這週末有空,我們就約喝咖啡。
(11)
A: What happens if we miss the train?
A: 如果我們錯過火車會怎樣?
B: If we miss this train, we will take the next one.
B: 錯過這班我們就搭下一班。
Second Conditional 第二條件句(不太可能/與現在相反)
公式:If + 過去式,would + 原形動詞
Second conditional 用於兩種情況:
- 不太可能發生的事(白日夢、想像)
- 與現在事實相反的假設。這是假設語氣,不是真實的條件。
(12)
A: What would you do if you won the lottery?
A: 如果你中樂透你會做什麼?
B: If I won the lottery, I would travel around the world.
B: 如果我中樂透,我會環遊世界。
(13)
A: What would you do in my situation?
A: 如果你是我你會怎麼做?
B: If I were you, I would apologize to him immediately.
B: 如果我是你,我會馬上跟他道歉。
(14)
A: What’s stopping you from buying that car?
A: 什麼阻止你買那台車?
B: If I had more money, I would buy it. But I don’t.
B: 如果我有更多錢我就會買,但我沒有。
(15)
A: Why don’t you apply for that job?
A: 你為什麼不申請那份工作?
B: If I spoke better English, I would apply. But my English isn’t good enough.
B: 如果我英文說得更好我就會申請,但我的英文不夠好。
(16)
A: Do you like your apartment?
A: 你喜歡你的公寓嗎?
B: It’s okay. If it were bigger, I would like it more.
B: 還可以,如果更大一點我會更喜歡。
(17)
A: Would you move to another country?
A: 你會搬到其他國家嗎?
B: If I didn’t have family here, I would move to Japan.
B: 如果我在這裡沒有家人,我會搬去日本。
(18)
A: What would you change about your life?
A: 你想改變你生活中的什麼?
B: If I could, I would work fewer hours.
B: 如果可以的話,我會工作少一點。
(19)
A: Should I tell him the truth?
A: 我應該跟他說實話嗎?
B: If I were in your shoes, I would tell him.
B: 如果我是你,我會告訴他。
重點提醒:If I were vs If I was
在正式英文中,Second conditional 用 “If I were”(不管主詞是誰都用 were)。但在口語中,”If I was” 也很常見,特別是美式英語。
- 正式:If I were rich, I would donate to charity.
- 口語:If I was rich, I would donate to charity.
兩種都可以,但建議在寫作或正式場合用 “were”。
Third Conditional 第三條件句(過去的假設)
公式:If + 過去完成式,would have + 過去分詞
Third conditional 用來談論過去沒有發生的事,表達後悔、批評過去的決定,或想像「如果當時…就好了」。這是對過去的假設,已經不可能改變了。
(20)
A: Why did you fail the exam?
A: 你為什麼考試沒過?
B: If I had studied harder, I would have passed. I regret not studying.
B: 如果我有認真念書我就會過了,我後悔沒念書。
(21)
A: Why didn’t you come to my wedding?
A: 你為什麼沒來我的婚禮?
B: If you had told me earlier, I would have come. But I had already made other plans.
B: 如果你早點告訴我我就會來了,但我已經有其他計畫了。
(22)
A: I missed the train this morning.
A: 我今天早上錯過火車了。
B: If you had left 10 minutes earlier, you wouldn’t have missed it.
B: 你如果早 10 分鐘出門就不會錯過了。
(23)
A: I lost my phone yesterday.
A: 我昨天手機掉了。
B: If you had been more careful, you wouldn’t have lost it.
B: 你如果小心一點就不會掉了。
(24)
A: The meeting was a disaster.
A: 會議糟透了。
B: If we had prepared better, it would have gone smoothly.
B: 我們如果準備得更好會議就會很順利。
(25)
A: Why didn’t Jack come to the party?
A: Jack 為什麼沒來派對?
B: If he hadn’t been sick, he would have come.
B: 如果他沒生病他就會來了。
(26)
A: I didn’t know about the deadline.
A: 我不知道截止日期。
B: If I had known, I would have told you.
B: 我如果知道就會告訴你了。
(27)
A: Why did you take that job?
A: 你為什麼接那份工作?
B: If I had known how stressful it would be, I wouldn’t have taken it.
B: 我如果早知道會這麼有壓力就不會接了。
Mixed Conditionals 混合條件句
Mixed conditionals 是混合不同時間的條件句,通常是過去的條件影響現在的結果,或現在的條件影響過去的結果。
類型 1:過去條件 + 現在結果
公式:If + 過去完成式,would + 原形動詞
(28) If I had studied medicine, I would be a doctor now. But I studied engineering.
如果我當時念醫學,我現在就是醫生了,但我念的是工程。
(29)
A: You speak French so well!
A: 你法文說得真好!
B: If I hadn’t lived in Paris for 5 years, I wouldn’t speak French so well now.
B: 我如果當時沒在巴黎住 5 年,現在就不會法文說得這麼好。
(30)
A: Why are you so tired all the time?
A: 你為什麼總是這麼累?
B: If I had slept better last night, I wouldn’t be so tired now.
B: 我如果昨晚睡得好一點,現在就不會這麼累了。
類型 2:現在條件 + 過去結果
公式:If + 過去式,would have + 過去分詞
(31)
A: Why didn’t you solve the problem?
A: 你為什麼沒解決那個問題?
B: If I were smarter, I would have figured it out. But I’m not.
B: 我如果更聰明就早解決了,但我不聰明。
(32)
A: You should have applied for that scholarship.
A: 你應該申請那個獎學金的。
B: If I were more confident, I would have applied. But I doubted myself.
B: 我如果更有自信就會申請了,但我不相信自己。
(33)
A: Why didn’t you buy the house when it was cheap?
A: 房子便宜的時候你為什麼不買?
B: If I had more money now, I would have bought it then. But I’m still broke.
B: 我如果現在有更多錢,當時就會買了,但我還是很窮。

Unless = If not
Unless 的意思是 “If not”(如果不、除非),是 If 條件句的另一種說法。
(34)
A: Will you go to the party?
A: 你會去派對嗎?
B: Unless it rains, I will go. = If it doesn’t rain, I will go.
B: 除非下雨,不然我會去。= 如果不下雨,我會去。
(35)
A: When will you leave?
A: 你什麼時候會離開?
B: I won’t leave unless you come with me. = I won’t leave if you don’t come.
B: 除非你跟我一起走,不然我不會離開。= 如果你不跟我走,我就不離開。
(36)
A: Should I wait for you?
A: 我應該等你嗎?
B: Unless you hear from me, don’t wait. = If you don’t hear from me, don’t wait.
B: 除非你收到我的消息,不然別等。= 如果沒收到我消息,就別等。
記住:時態決定可能性。下次用 If 條件句別再混亂了!如果你喜歡這篇文章的話,可以追蹤我們的Threads和Facebook唷!